Vehicle owners that want to get the most out of their driving experience should consider which type of oil is most effective for their car.
Using the right oil can offer better engine protection, gas mileage, and longevity for your vehicle.
When selecting the ideal oil for your car, one of the first things to consider is synthetic oil vs. conventional oil. This old age debate has been going on between vehicle owners for years.
Most people assume synthetic motor oil is of higher quality because it generally costs more. While this may be true, it is not necessarily the case for every car.
It is also important to know the differences between the two, to know why one oil is more effective than another.
A perfect place to find out about the difference between motor oils, and to get information about any type of automotive maintenance is at Valvoline Express Care in Brampton.
Oil Change Brampton
For expert oil changes, with a wide selection of motor oils to choose from, Valvoline Express Care Brampton is an ideal solution.
Oil Change Brampton: The Facts
The first concern is determining the difference between conventional and synthetic oil.
- Conventional Oil is mainly made up of crude oil that is extracted directly from the earth. After withdrawing the oil from the ground, it gets refined to remove any unwanted contaminants and impurities.
- Synthetic Oil however, is a man-made oil that is created and cultivated in a lab. This oil is specifically designed to be an engine lubricant. Due to this more intensive and polished process, synthetic oil tends to be purer.
No matter how rigorous the refining process is for conventional oil, it will never be as pure as a synthetic oil.
Oil Change Brampton: What type of oil offers the best performance and protection for your vehicle?
Let’s take a more in depth look at the pros and cons of synthetic vs. conventional oil.
The synthetic motor oils available at Valvoline Express Care Brampton are uniquely conceived to offer higher performance and more engine protection than your traditional conventional oils.
- Reduced engine wear and tear
- Improved fuel economy
- Increased performance and protection in extreme temperatures
- Helps your car start more easily in the cold
- Maintains viscosity and lubricative properties at high temperatures
- Better circulation
- Lasts longer
- More expensive
Petroleum-based conventional oil does not offer all the advantages of a synthetic oil.
- Less expensive
- Sufficient if you don’t travel often or far
- Does not operate effectively in extreme environments
- Slower to start in the cold
- Less efficient in the heat
- Creates more pollution – heavy on the sulphur emissions
- Deteriorates more quickly
- More frequent oil changes are required
The Last Word
When choosing the best oil for your car, caution and research are recommended. Even though the benefits of synthetic oil heavily outweigh the benefits of conventional oil, it is still suggested to consult the owner’s manual of your vehicle to see what is advised.
The trained and experienced automotive technicians at Valvoline Express Care Brampton can help you determine the most effective oil for your car.
Stop by today, no appointment necessary!